Tuttle taking care of business
Consistency has been the story of the season for Tuttle so far. At 4-0, the Tigers have scored between 40-44 points each game and have not allowed more than 13.
Friday night’s 41-3 win over Newcastle was more of the same, with the running back duo of Morgan Neal and Jesse Gregory helping to produce 260 rush yards on just 31 carries and three touchdowns between them.
While the Tigers aren’t passing a lot, they’re making it count when they do.
“We’ve had a high completion percentage and a high ratio of touchdowns when we throw,” coach Phil Koons said. “We know people are gonna crowd the line of scrimmage on us, so we’ve got to be effective when we throw the ball.”
Defensively, the Tigers have been getting good leadership from players like Dawson Bassett, Jon-Michael Hollarn and Tanner Brannon.
Despite the easy work the Tigers have made of their schedule through four weeks, Koons isn’t going to let his players relax.
“I’m a little bit of a perfectionist,” he said with a laugh. “I’m not satisfied with winning a few games early in the year. I want us to win all of them. Class 3A is as competitive a class as there is, so we know there will be some good teams there at the end. We want to be one of them.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15918Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8813OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6389Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5669Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5503OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4915Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4833Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3560Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3491Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3466As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients