Patriots' Wes Welker to visit OKC for opening of Welker Fields
Wes Welker will be in Oklahoma City early next month for the opening of Welker Fields at Jefferson Middle School.
The Wes Welker Foundation, along with the Fields and Futures organization, worked to rebuild the football, soccer and softball fields at Jefferson and contributed $24,000 to provide all the necessary equipment for the fields.
Welker, the Heritage Hall product now playing in the NFL for the New England Patriots, will make the trip to Oklahoma City on the Patriots’ bye week to attend a community event to celebrate the opening of Welker Fields on Saturday, Nov. 3 at 11 a.m. The event will include games, a raffle and food, and Welker will speak to the crowd at 12:30 p.m.
With 54 catches for 688 yards, Welker is currently leading the NFL in receiving yards.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 54539Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32179Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9189Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 3989Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 2759Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients