Toby Keith's son among Eastbay Youth All-Americans
BY RYAN ABER
Norman North sophomore defensive lineman Stelen Covel, the son of country music star Toby Keith, was one of four state players selected for the 2013 Eastbay Youth All-American Bowl.
The fifth-annual game will be played Jan. 6 at the Alamodome in San Antonio.
The other players selected were Heritage Hall’s Luther Harris, a lineman, and running back/linebacker Terrell Love Jr. and Jenks defensive back Austin Quillen. All three are freshmen.
Love is the son of former U.S. Grant and Star Spencer coach Terrell Love.
The four will play for the USA Under-15 team against a team from Canada. The team is coached by former Oklahoma assistant David White.
The four will be presented with their jerseys Saturday at Keith’s restaurant in Bricktown during halftime of the Oklahoma-Iowa State game.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36528Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32802Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32453Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8406Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5462OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3890Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3494College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3313George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3240Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3193Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients