Sequoyah-Tahlequah out of the playoffs; Jay in
BY RYAN ABER
Sequoyah-Tahlequah will be forced to forfeit its six District 3A-7 wins, OSSAA officials said Saturday.
The ruling knocks the Indians, who had gone undefeated in district play, out of the 3A playoffs and puts Jay in the postseason.
In October, 12 Sequoyah-Tahlequah players were ruled ineligible for violating the OSSAA’s rules regarding summer camp participation and payment.
The players went to court and were granted a temporary restraining order that allowed them to play in the Indians’ final two regular-season games, wins over Hilldale and Lincoln Christian.
The Indians will have an opportunity to appeal the ruling at Wednesday’s meeting of the OSSAA’s Board of Directors. It was not immediately clear if they would appeal the decision.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients