Defense key for Star Spencer in trip to Madill
When you play good defense in the playoffs, you’re never out of a game, and that’s the mindset Star Spencer has to take into Friday’s game at Madill in the first round of the Class 3A postseason.
Madill, a program known for churning out top-notch running backs in recent years, has scored 40 points or more in seven games this season.
But on the other hand, Star Spencer held seven of 10 opponents to 17 points or fewer, a list that includes No. 1 Kingfisher and Heritage Hall.
Anchored by four-year starting linebacker Kenneth Davis, the Bobcats will need their stout defense to keep the game within reach as they try to win in their first playoff appearance since winning the 2009 4A state championship.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients