Fan Poll: Vote for OKC-area Football Player of the Week
It’s win-or-go-home time in high school football.
Here are a few players from the Oklahoma City area who helped keep their teams alive in the postseason, and fans can vote to decide which one had the top performance of the week in the NewsOK Varsity Player of the Week fan poll.
Pick one of the five selections from the poll, or write in your own candidate in the comments section of the blog, where you can tell us why your choice deserves Player of the Week honors.
Voting ends at 4 p.m. Tuesday and the results of the poll will appear in Wednesday’s Oklahoman. The Oklahoman’s staff choice will be the subject of a feature story in Tuesday’s newspaper.
Here are the candidates:
David Cornwell, Jones: Avenging the Longhorns’ season-opening loss, Cornwell threw three touchdown passes and rushed for two more in a 48-12 rout of Perkins.
Jordan Evans, Norman North: The speedy 6-foot-3 senior is dangerous at linebacker, but he showed his skills with the ball, too, rushing for 81 yards and a touchdown, and returning a kickoff 84 yards for a score in a 21-6 win over Southmoore.
J.T. McFadden, Guthrie: Had a 22-yard touchdown run and two TD receptions, including a 52-yarder in the fourth quarter that essentially clinched Guthrie’s 31-13 win at Lawton MacArthur.
Connor McGinnis, Heritage Hall: The Chargers’ sophomore QB is solid in the pocket, and he showed his legs Friday, rushing for 155 yards and three touchdowns in a 35-13 win over Pauls Valley.
Steven Thompson, Carl Albert: The quarterback carried 38 times for 189 yards and all four Titan touchdowns in a 28-21 upset of Del City.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 97533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13957Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9425Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8660Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 8311OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 7700How to help tornado victims
- 7421Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 6598Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 6130Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 6065Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients