Norman-Owasso site product of OSSAA rules
BY RYAN ABER
There’s no doubt that having Norman North travel more than 125 miles while Owasso will travel less than 20 to play Friday night’s semifinal game between the two at Tulsa Union isn’t completely neutral.
But Oklahoma Secondary School Activities Association rules made clear long before this issue arose that the game would be played in the Tulsa area.
“In an even-numbered calendar year, the best available site on the east side of the the state will be selected. In an odd-numbered calendar year, the best available site on the west side will be selected,” the OSSAA rule says regarding semifinals and finals in 6A and 5A.
The rule has been in place since 2004.
In 2009, Jenks traveled to play Southmoore at Putnam City and in 2007 the Trojans played Midwest City at Edmond’s Wantland Stadium.
In 2008, Union played Midwest City at Sand Springs and Jenks played Mustang at Broken Arrow.
2011: Tulsa Union 23, Broken Arrow 22 at Boone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater
Tulsa Union 30, Jenks 29 at Stillwater
Broken Arrow 30, Owasso 17 at Muskogee
2010: Tulsa Union 50, Jenks 47 at Boone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater
Tulsa Union 48, Lawton 41 2OT at Putnam City
Jenks 75, Owasso 28 at Broken Arrow
2009: Tulsa Union 52, Jenks 19 at Chapman Stadium, Tulsa
Tulsa Union 24, Broken Arrow 13 at Chapman Stadium, Tulsa
Jenks 44, Southmoore 26 at Putnam City
2008: Tulsa Union 34, Jenks 20 at Boone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater
Tulsa Union 49, Midwest City 17 at Sand Springs
Jenks 35, Mustang 20 at Broken Arrow
2007: Jenks 42, Tulsa Union 24 at Chapman Stadium, Tulsa
Tulsa Union 13, Muskogee 6 at Northeastern State, Tahlequah
Jenks 35, Midwest City 7 at Wantland Stadium, Edmond
2006: Jenks 28, Enid 7 at Skelly Stadium, Tulsa
Jenks 52, Muskogee 35 at Tulsa Union
Enid 34, Owasso 14 at Sapulpa
2005: Tulsa Union 33, Mustang 7 at Owen Field, Norman
Tulsa Union 41, Broken Arrow 7 at Skelly Stadium, Tulsa
Mustang 48, Muskogee 44 at Putnam City Stadium
2004: Tulsa Union 27, Jenks 17 at Skelly Stadium, Tulsa
Jenks 29, Putnam City North 23 at Broken Arrow
Tulsa Union 20, Edmond Santa Fe 0 at Broken Arrow
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients