Tiffany Rieger scores 57 in 111-103 Burlington win over Lomega
BY RYAN ABER
Burlington coach Kirsten Pruett hadn’t seen anything like it.
It isn’t likely anyone else involved had either.
Friday night, Pruett’s Lady Elks needed three overtimes to beat Lomega 111-103, led by Tiffany Rieger’s 57 points.
“It was a heck of a game,” Pruett said. “But in all honesty, it was really kind of slow in the first half.”
It was a one-point game at the break, 30-29, then Burlington fell behind by as many as 16 in the third quarter.
“Because of the score, it seems ridiculous to talk about how good our defense was but it was defense that got us back into it in the third quarter,” Pruett said.
Katelyn Garvie scored 26, including several key free throws in the second overtime to keep the game alive.
Burlington pulled away in the third overtime to improve to 4-0.
The Lady Elks play Kremlin-Hillsdale on Tuesday night.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11731OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9188Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6809Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5811Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5608Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4406Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4394Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4389Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4190OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3756As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients