DirecTV dropped Class 6A broadcast, will carry 4A, 5A games Saturday
Many DirecTV subscribers were unhappy to find that the 6A title game was not being carried by the provider Friday night, as previously advertised by Fox Sports.
Fox Sports released a statement during the second half of Friday’s game, relaying information from DirecTV, which cited a “bandwidth issue” as the reason the broadcast was dropped.
“DirecTV informed us yesterday (Thursday) they wouldn’t be able to carry Friday’s game due to bandwidth issues,” the Fox statement said. “We regret their decision to drop the telecast and the inconvenience it caused their customers to miss the game. DirecTV has assured us they will carry Saturday’s OSSAA championship games on channel 680.”
The 4A and 5A games will air at 12:30 and 7:30 p.m., respectively, on the following Fox Sports Oklahoma Plus channels as well: AT&T U-verse 757 (1757 HD); Cox Communications-Oklahoma City/Tulsa 68 (715 HD); DirecTV 680 (680-1 HD); Dish 446; Fidelity Cablevision-Lawton 33; Pioneer Digital TV 113; Suddenlink-Stillwater/Cushing/Drumright 75; Suddenlink-Enid 73; Suddenlink-Muskogee 33; Suddenlink-Pauls Valley 2; Suddenlink-Perry 53; Suddenlink-Seminole 29; Tahlequah Cable TV 55.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients