Edmond Santa Fe's Phillip Sumpter commits to Memphis
Edmond Santa Fe running back/defensive back Phillip Sumpter announced on Twitter that he verbally committed to Memphis on Monday.
Sumpter is the third state player, along with Sequoyah-Tahlequah quarterback Brayden Scott and Ringling linebacker Jackson Dillon, to commit to the Tigers, who are coached by Oklahoma native Justin Fuente.
Sumpter is targeted as a safety in the Memphis system, though he played both sides of the ball for Santa Fe. He averaged 6.3 yards on 45 rushing attempts with 287 yards and four touchdowns. Defensively, he had 123 tackles, four sacks and an interception.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients