Edmond North takes Tulsa Union tournament
BY RYAN ABER
It’s about as dramatic as a high school wrestling tournament gets before the state tournament.
Entering the final three matches at the Mid-America Nationals tournament over the weekend at Tulsa Union, Edmond North trailed Collinsville by 11 points for the team title.
The Huskies had three finalists–triplets Lance, Joel and Andrew Dixon remaining in championship matches–and needed all three to win to pull off a comeback win.
At 182, Lance earned a reversal in the second period and came out with a 3-0 win over Matt Meyer of Allen, Texas. Joel followed with a 4-2 win over Altus’ Sean Carson at 195.
In the final match, 220, Andrew came through with an second-period escape point and added some insurance with a stalling point in the third to take a 3-0 win over Lawton MacArthur’s Garrett Shaw to vault the Huskies to a title, 223-222 over Collinsville.
Allen, Texas, finished third with 215 and Tuttle finished fourth with 213.
106: Christian Moody, Collinsville
113: Davion Jefferies, Collinsville
120: Eli Hale, Miami
126: Josh Breece, Edmond North
132: Gunnar Laffoon, Tuttle
138: Gary Wayne Harding, Collinsville
145: Dylan Helm, Collinsville
152: Zac Contreras, Riordan, Calif.
160: Bo Nickal, Allen, Texas
170: Zachary Beard, Tuttle
285: Solomon Vanover, Westmoore
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 25585Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 23461Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7978Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients