Broken Arrow's Frankie Davis commits to New Mexico
BY JACOB UNRUH, firstname.lastname@example.org
Broken Arrow defensive end Frankie Davis verbally committed to New Mexico earlier this week, Davis told The Oklahoman.
It’s a bit of a twist for Davis, who was leaning towards Tulsa so he could be closer to his family.
Instead, when he attempted to commit earlier this week, he was told there was no longer a spot for him. That spot instead went to Tulsa Union defensive lineman Dalton Rodriguez, who committed to Tulsa last week after decommitting from Oklahoma.
“Everybody around me was thinking TU for me and everything like that, but I just never pulled the trigger and it happened like that,” Davis said. “I’m happy with New Mexico.”
Davis said he talked with Broken Arrow coach Steve Spavital after losing his spot at Tulsa, and Spavital told him to take the opportunity in New Mexico.
“He wanted to be close to home, but unfortunately it didn’t work out,” Spavital said. “But he made a good decision. He’s going to get his college paid for.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients