Edmond North finishes third at Kansas City Stampede Wrestling Tourney
BY ED GODFREY
Five Oklahoma prep wrestlers won their weight divisions in the prestigious Kansas City Stampede Wrestling Tournament last weekend.
The tournament featured 36 high school wrestling teams from 10 states in a two-day competition.
Christian Moody of Collinsville was the champion at 106 pounds and was one of five wrestlers to finish in the top three and one of nine in the top 10. Collinsville, ranked No. in Class 5A in Oklahoma, won the tournament with 460 points.
Edmond North, ranked No. 2 in Class 6A, finished third in Kansas City, primarily thanks to the performance of the Dixon triplets.
Joel Dixon won the 195-pound division while his brother, Andrew, was the champion at 220 pounds.
Lance Dixon nearly made it a sweep for the brothers, finishing second. He lost a 13-1 decision in the championship match to Michael Pixley of Blue Springs, Mo.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21139Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17655Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12237Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9661Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9306Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8802Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8735Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8608Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 5353OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5020Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients