Good news! The Writers Guild of America has announced that the 50th annual Grammy Awards will not be picketed.
Better news! Carrie Underwood is among the first group of artists committed to perform during the ceremony that will air live at 7 p.m. Feb. 10 on CBS. The two-time Grammy winner is also nominated this year for best female country vocal performance and best country collaboration with vocals (with Brad Paisley). Other artists scheduled to perform during the 3-and-a-half hour telecast are Beyonce, Foo Fighters, Aretha Franklin, Mary J. Blige and Rihanna. Foo Fighters will perform as part of this year’s “My Grammy Moment” 2008 segment, in which 15 unsigned musicians will play with the group as part of an orchestra. Franklin and Blige will take part in a Gospel segment that will also include The Clark Sisters, Israel & New Breed, the Madison Bumblebees and Trin-I-Tee 5:7. – Penny Soldan, TV Editor
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15993Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12289Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11194OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9941Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9689Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8745Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8728Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 5527Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5132Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4758Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients