Oklahoma artists to take part in Dove Awards
At least two artists with Oklahoma ties will be at The 39th Annual Dove Awards airing live at 7 p.m. Wednesday (April 23) on the Gospel Music Channel (178 on Cox Digital Cable, 338 on Direct TV, 9717 on Dish Network).
Phil Stacey (pictured at right), last year’s “American Idol” finalist who has family in Shawnee, is scheduled to perform at the event that honors artists from every style of gospel and Christian music. Fellow “Idol” finalists Chris Sligh and Mandisa are also scheduled to perform, as are Wynonna, Rick Skaggs and the Whites, Point of Grace, The Isaacs and Charlie Daniels with Third Day’s Mac Powell.
Rob Beckley (pictured above), lead singer of the Tulsa-based Christian rock band Pillar, is a scheduled presenter for the awards show. So are Kirk Franklin, tobyMac, Matthew West and NFL player Ben Utecht from the Cincinnati Bengals.
In addition to the live broadcast, which takes place at Nashville’s famed Grand Ole Opry House, the Gospel Music Channel will rebroadcast the event at 9 p.m. Wednesday with additional airings to be announced.
For a list of nominees, go to www.doveawards.com. For more TV news, consult the TV page in The Oklahoman.
— Penny TV
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 54539Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32179Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9189Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 3989Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 2759Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients