“The Living Room with Gerry Bonds” to feature health issues on January program
The January edition of “The Living Room with Gerry Bonds” radio program will feature the topics of the epidemic of obesity and diabetes and the connection between mind, body and spirit as people try to make healthier changes in their lives as the new year is beginning.
This program will air at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 4; at 4:30 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 7; and at 8:30 a.m., Tuesday, Jan. 10 on KOSU.
Guests for the first segment are Dr. Minu George, pediatric endocrinologist; and Dr. Madona Azar, adult endocrinologist, both from the Harold Hamm Diabetes Center on the OU Health Sciences Center campus in Oklahoma City.
George and Azar will discuss childhood obesity and ways to combat it, as well as the complications of diabetes in both adults and children and what to do to prevent it and control it, according to a news release.
Charlotte Lankard, author, family therapist and Oklahoman columnist, is the guest in the second segment of the program.
Lankard will talk about how outlook and attitude affect our physical health and shares wisdom on how to make positive changes in our lives.
The radio program can also be followed on Facebook at facebook.com/TheLivingRoomWithGerryBonds.
Follow me on Twitter: @MelissaHayer
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 35659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 30844Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 14359Tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7518Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6442OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3625College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3531Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3222OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 3222Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3191Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients