“SpongeBob SquarePants” renewed for ninth season
Nickelodeon has picked up the animated series “SpongeBob SquarePants” for a ninth season, according to a news release.
The network is adding 26 episodes that will roll out in 2012 and will include the series’ 200th episode.
“SpongeBob SquarePants” is shown in 171 markets in 26 languages.
The show’s next special, “Legends of Bikini Bottom,” an hour-long anthology of four brand new underwater tales, premieres Jan. 28.
Stephen Hillenburg is the series’ executive producer and creator.
Paul Tibbitt, who served as a director and writer on “SpongeBob SquarePants” for its first three seasons, is currently serving as an executive producer as well.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6362Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6064Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients