“Parks and Recreation” a not quite as funny version of “The Office”
I watched the first few episodes of “Parks and Recreation” when it began a couple of years ago, and I wasn’t hooked.
I decided to give the series another chance recently, so I viewed a couple of the shows for its upcoming third season and it still hasn’t won me over.
The comedy centers on Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), a mid-level bureaucrat in the Parks and Recreation Department of Pawnee, Ind., and her assorted co-workers: Tom Haverford (Aziz Ansari); her boss Ron Swanson (Nick Offerman); Ron’s assistant April (Aubrey Plaza); Donna Meagle (Retta) and Jerry Gergich (Jim O’Heir).
Also included in the cast are Leslie’s best friend Ann (Rashida Jones) and her ex-boyfriend Andy (Chris Pratt).
State auditors Chris Traeger (Rob Lowe) and Ben Wyatt (Adam Scott) were added to the show at the end of last year.
“Parks and Recreation” was created by Greg Daniels and Michael Schur, who have executive produced “The Office,” and it shows, because the series seems to be just a lesser version of “The Office.”
This is passable, but I kept thinking I’d rather be watching “The Office.”
The acting is decent – Amy Poehler is one of my all-time favorite Saturday Night Live performers and this is a good role for her – she’s perky and quirky.
The show comes close to making me laugh, but just doesn’t quite make it.
The third season of “Parks and Recreation” premieres at 8:30 p.m. Thursday on NBC.
Let me know what you think. Is “Parks and Recreation” as good as “The Office?”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16568Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11531OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11459'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11122Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 11072Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 9787Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7713Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6975Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6919Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5729Oklahoma Corrections Department director to resign
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients