“Da Vinci’s Demons”: New Starz series to feature British actor Tom Riley
Starz Entertainment and BBC Worldwide Productions have announced that British actor Tom Riley will portray a young Leonardo da Vinci in the upcoming Starz original series “Da Vinci’s Demons.”
“Da Vinci’s Demons,” written by David S. Goyer, is a historical fantasy, following the “untold” story of the world’s greatest genius during his turbulent youth in Renaissance Florence, according to a news release.
The twenty-five-year-old da Vinci will be shown as a brilliant and passionate artist, inventor, swordsman, lover, dreamer and idealist, and as a free thinker, struggling to live within the limits of his own reality and time.
Riley has received critical acclaim in the UK for his performances in theater, film and on television. He has starred in multiple productions at London’s Royal Court Theatre since 2005, and on Broadway was nominated by the Drama Desk Awards for his performance as Septimus Hodge in “Arcadia.”
On television, he is best known for his role as Laurence Shepherd on ITV’s drama series “Monroe,” and his lead film roles include “A Few Days In September,” “I Want Candy” and “Happily Ever Afters.”
Follow me on Twitter: @MelissaHayer
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients