“Magic City”: New Starz drama series debuts April 6
“Magic City,” starring Jeffrey Dean Morgan (“Grey’s Anatomy”), Olga Kurylenko (“Quantum of Solace”) and Danny Huston (“Children of Men”), premieres at 9 p.m. Friday, April 6 on Starz, according to a news release.
Morgan plays Ike Evans, owner of the luxurious Miramar Playa Hotel in Miami Beach in the late 1950s, a chaotic time in Miami and abroad as racial and religious segregation are at their peak in the U.S., and 90 miles away in Cuba, Castro’s rebels are closing in on Havana.
Despite all of this, Miami is still the popular spot to be and the Miramar Playa is at its coveted center.
While the Kennedys, the mob and the CIA all hold court here, Ike, the man with the dream, is the star, although everything comes at a price.
“Magic City” follows Evans as he comes up with ways to finance his dream, including essentially selling his soul to the devil, mob boss Ben “The Butcher” Diamond (Huston).
His former showgirl wife Vera (Kurylenko) and his three children think he’s an honorable man, but he can’t renege on his arrangement with Diamond.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients