Pearl Carter Scott documentary airs on OETA tonight
“Pearl Carter Scott: On Top of the World,” a documentary designed to complement the award-winning film “Pearl,” airs at 7:30 tonight on OETA.
The documentary shares the life story of aviatrix Pearl Carter Scott, but focuses on more than her flying career, according to a news release.
“Pearl Carter Scott: On Top of the World” features an interview with Pearl and her family members.
“Pearl is a legendary figure in the history of Oklahoma, the world of aviation and in the Chickasaw Nation,” Chickasaw Nation Gov. Bill Anoatubby said in the news release. “She was a dynamic, determined and caring individual who exemplifies many of the finest qualities of Chickasaw people. She was a unique individual who had a profoundly positive impact on everyone she met.”
“Pearl contributed significantly to our tribe during its political and cultural resurgence. Bringing her life story to millions of OETA viewers will help preserve that impact for generations to come.”
OETA will also air the movie “Pearl” at 11 p.m., Friday, June 17 on “The OETA Movie Club.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 28939Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 26978Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 5000Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2336Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 2282Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients