Davy Jones featured in BIO Channel specials tomorrow
Actor/singer Davy Jones, who died yesterday at the age of 66, will be memorialized on the Bio Channel tomorrow, March 2, with two specials, “Biography: The Monkees,” which premieres at 7 p.m., and “BIO Remembers: Davy Jones,” which premieres at 8 p.m.
Summaries of each program, provided by BIO Channel, are as follows:
In “Biography: The Monkees,” the story of the celebrated band is told by those whose careers and lives were impacted by the phenomenon. Brought together as fictional characters intended to be the subject of a scripted TV series, the Monkees formed a real and successful musical touring act. Despite their brief TV career, the group prevailed with a long legacy of chart topping hits. This is the story of four actors who were turned into musicians by a Hollywood production office and evolved into a pop music phenomenon.
“BIO Remembers: Davy Jones” follows the life of Davy Jones, a name that will forever conjure up images of the immensely popular teen heartthrob from the Monkees. Monkeemania was in full force in the late ’60s, and it was most often Davy’s face that lined the bedroom walls of teenage girls throughout the world. The Monkees have gone on and grown up, but in the eyes of women everywhere, Davy will always be the cute singer and tambourine player. Over the past few decades, he kept his singing and acting career alive, appearing in both theatrical productions and solo concerts around the world.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 92690Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17105OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12852Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8967Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8623Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8590How to help tornado victims
- 8406Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8389Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 7225Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7117Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients