Smithsonian Channel kicks off new iPad app
The Smithsonian Channel has introduced a new way to watch and explore its vast programming catalog with the launch of its first iPad app which features hundreds of videos, including both short stories as well as a selection of full-length episodes and specials, according to a news release.
Among the features of the free app is Story Space, a brand new way for users to create their own video playlist out of short stories and full episodes from Smithsonian Channel programming.
Story Space is an interactive, drag-and-drop playlist-builder that allows users to find stories based on their favorite subjects, create their own channel, then sit back and watch hours of video.
More information on the app and its features, provided by the Smithsonian Channel, is as follows:
- Smart auto-play mode to continuously play related videos
- Facebook, Twitter, and email sharing capabilities
- AirPlay integration including support for AirPlay mirroring
- Channel Finder to check on-air availability
- Notifications for new and featured content
- On-air schedule
The Smithsonian Channel app is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
The app was designed and developed in collaboration with the design firm Potion.
Follow me on Twitter: @MelissaHayer
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients