New seasons of Showtime’s “Episodes” and “Weeds” debut July 1
The Showtime comedies “Weeds” and “Episodes” will return Sunday, July 1 at 9 and 9:30 p.m. respectively, according to a news release.
Thirteen half-hour episodes of “Weeds’” eighth season begin production in Los Angeles in April and nine half-hours of “Episodes’” second season recently wrapped production in London and Los Angeles.
Summaries of the shows, provided by Showtime, are as follows:
“Weeds” stars Mary-Louise Parker in her Golden Globe Award-winning performance as Nancy Botwin, a former suburban widow who turned to selling marijuana to make ends meet and has bloomed into a full-fledged queenpin. The series is created by Emmy Award winner Jenji Kohan and produced by Lionsgate.
The “Weeds” season finale was punctuated at a family dinner by a fateful bullet from a lone gunman. Which of our beloved Botwins was the target and who pulled the trigger? Last season jumped ahead three years and picked up with Nancy finishing a stint in federal prison. She, her brother-in-law Andy (Justin Kirk) and sons, Silas (Hunter Parrish) and Shane (Alexander Gould) – with Doug (Kevin Nealon) in tow – were reunited in New York City where she re-launched her pot business, worked at a hedge fund, and fought for custody of her son, little Stevie, from her sister Jill (special guest star Jennifer Jason Leigh).
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 1406Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 954Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 936Expert rips Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's handling of murder case
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients