“Game of Thrones” premieres April 17 on HBO
HBO’s new show “Game of Thrones,” based on the fantasy book series “A Song of Ice and Fire,” by George R.R. Martin, begins its ten-episode season April 17, airing from 8 to 9:05 p.m..
Executive produced and written by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, the series was filmed at the Paint Hall Studio in Belfast, Northern Ireland as well as in a variety of locations in Northern Ireland and Malta, according to a news release.
“Game of Thrones” stars include Mark Addy, Sean Bean, Peter Dinklage and Lena Headey.
The series’ synopsis, provided by HBO, is as follows:
“Game of Thrones” follows kings and queens, knights and renegades, liars and noblemen as they vie for power. As the series opens, King Robert Baratheon, who is married to Cersei Lannister of the wealthy and corrupt Lannisters, asks Lord Eddard “Ned” Stark to come south and help run his kingdom after the questionable death of his right-hand man. Meanwhile, there is a threat to the throne from the east by the exiled teenage Princess Daenerys and her brother Viserys, whose family ruled the Kingdoms for many years before their bloody ouster. And there are rumors of strange things happening at the edge of the Kingdoms, north of the Wall, where Jon Snow, Ned’s bastard son, goes to be part of the brotherhood of the Night’s Watch, which is sworn to protect the Kingdoms.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 54539Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32179Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9189Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 3989Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 2759Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients