“Saving the Titanic” premieres April 1 on PBS
“Saving the Titanic,” a new historical drama that features the untold story of the self-sacrifice and bravery of the ship’s engineers, stokers and firemen in the face of impending death, debuts at 9 p.m. Sunday, April 1 on PBS (check local listings).
An ensemble cast stars in “Saving the Titanic,” which seeks to answer the question of what happened in the engine and boiler rooms after the collision, according to a news release.
This story is based on eyewitness accounts and spotlights nine men from the engineering crew who fought fearlessly to hold back the power of the sea and keep the power systems running, even when they learned that all was lost.
Encore broadcasts are scheduled at 9:30 p.m. Friday, April 6, 8 p.m., Tuesday, April 10 and 8 p.m., Saturday, April 14.
Follow me on Twitter: @MelissaHayer
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10710Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10389Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10187Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9807Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6458Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4074Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4073Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3712OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3641Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3479How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients