“The Walking Dead”: 9 million viewers watch second season finale
Last night’s airing of the season two finale of “The Walking Dead” at 8 p.m. on AMC was the highest-rated episode in the series’ history, with 9 million viewers tuning in, according to a news release.
“The Walking Dead” is the number one drama series in basic cable history among adults and men 18-34, adults and men 18-49, and adults and men 25-54, with the finale increasing more than 50% in total viewers over season one, according to statistics attributed to The Nielsen Company.
“Congratulations to everyone associated with AMC’s ‘The Walking Dead’ and thank you to the fans for creating, literally, record-setting television,” AMC President Charlie Collier said in the news release.
“The Walking Dead,” a 2010 Golden Globe nominee for best television series and 2011 Emmy award winner for outstanding prosthetic makeup, tells the story of the months and years that follow a zombie apocalypse.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 13567Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 12400Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6766Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients