“Treasure Island”: Eddie Izzard, Elijah Wood and Donald Sutherland star in new Syfy adaptation
Syfy will be presenting a new take on the classic tale “Treasure Island” in a special, one night only movie event from 6 to 10 p.m., Saturday, May 5, on the network, according to a news release.
Eddie Izzard (“The Riches”) stars as Long John Silver, Elijah Wood (“Lord of the Rings”) portrays Ben Gunn, and Donald Sutherland (“Pride and Prejudice”) plays Flint.
The film, distributed by RHI Entertainment, also stars Toby Regbo (“Harry Potter”) as young Jim Hawkins, who is unexpectedly drawn into the world of piracy when he finds a treasure map and winds up battling Silver for the treasure, as well as for his life.
In addition, Shirley Henderson (“Bridget Jones”) and Nina Sosanya (“Love Actually”) are among the cast.
Production credits, provided by Syfy, are as follows:
Executive producers of Treasure Island are Robert Halmi Sr. for RHI Entertainment, Alan Moloney for Parallel Films, Mark Grenside for MNG Films, Melanie Stokes and Anne Brogan for Kindle Entertainment, and Annie Harrison-Baxter for Sky.
The producer is Laurie Borg (“Made in Dagenham,” “Sense and Sensibility”). “Treasure Island” is written by Stewart Harcourt (“Hearts and Bones,” “Marple”). The director is Steve Barron (“Merlin,” “Arabian Nights”).
Follow me on Twitter: @MelissaHayer
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 51863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14915Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9511Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7474Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6783Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6733Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6649Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6166How to help tornado victims
- 6095Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients