“The Hunger Games”: ABC Family acquires network television premiere rights to the blockbuster movie
In a deal with Lionsgate, ABC Family has acquired the network television premiere rights to “The Hunger Games.”
Today’s announcement comes after “The Hunger Games’” record-breaking debut, with an estimated $155 million taken in at the North American box office this past weekend, the third highest-grossing opening weekend of all time, according to a news release.
The acquisition also includes the network television premiere rights to the second movie in the franchise “Catching Fire,” and the films are scheduled to begin airing on ABC Family in 2014.
Follow me on Twitter: @MelissaHayer
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients