UCO’s Centre for Global Competency and Kyle Dillingham celebrate anniversary with pre-screening of “Oklahoma, Music and the Mary Rose” documentary
The University of Central Oklahoma’s Centre for Global Competency (CGC) is set to celebrate its third anniversary by hosting a series of events which will include an exclusive pre-screening of the documentary “Oklahoma, Music and the Mary Rose” at 7 p.m. March 29 at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art’s Noble Theater.
The documentary, produced by UCO’s CGC with local director Tim Fall, will premiere at 7:30 p.m. March 31 on OETA.
“Oklahoma, Music and the Mary Rose” captures last year’s performance of “The Mary Rose,” a musical tribute commemorating the 500-year anniversary of the sinking of the legendary British warship “Mary Rose,” by Kyle Dillingham, violinist and UCO’s Ambassador in Residence, alongside the Oklahoma Community Orchestra.
Callen Clarke, an Edmond composer, wrote the tribute.
The pre-screening event includes a performance by Dillingham and Clarke of a few of Clarke’s compositions that led up to the tribute, including insight into the writing of “The Mary Rose.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients