“The Living Room with Gerry Bonds”: April edition focuses on springtime weather
“The Living Room with Gerry Bonds” radio program is spotlighting springtime weather in its April program.
The first guests are Joplin, Missouri City Councilman Gary Shaw, who is featured in a phone interview, and Kim Miller, a longtime St. John’s Mercy Hospital radiation department employee.
Their discussion involves the F-5 tornado that hit Joplin May 22, 2011, claiming 161 lives, and how the hospital was destroyed and is being rebuilt. The Mercy Health system implemented a “talent-sharing” program in which all Joplin hospital employees retained their jobs and have been working at other health facilities in the region or at mobile units in Joplin, according to a news release.
The show’s second segment guest is Gary McManus, associate state climatologist for Oklahoma.
He talks about the upcoming storm season and the recent weather volatility in other parts of the country, along with preparedness efforts here in the state.
“The Living Room with Gerry Bonds” April program airs at 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, April 4, at 2:30 p.m., Saturday, April 7, and at 8:30 a.m., Tuesday, April 10 on KOSU.
Follow me on Twitter: @MelissaHayer
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11731OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9188Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6809Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5811Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5608Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4406Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4394Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4389Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4190OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3756As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients