Lifetime announces 2011-12 schedule
Lifetime has announced its 2011-12 programming schedule, which includes the addition of two new scripted dramas and 11 reality shows.
The network has also renewed “Army Wives” for a 13-episode sixth season and “Drop Dead Diva returns June 19.
The new dramas “The Protector” and “Against the Wall” are slated to debut this summer.
In information provided by Lifetime about the upcoming schedule, “The Protector” stars Ally Walker as divorced mother Gloria Sheppard, who juggles her personal and professional life as an intuitive LAPD homicide detective. Gloria raises her two sons with the help of her troubled younger brother Davey (Chris Payne). Tisha Campbell-Martin co-stars as Sheppard’s partner and Miguel Ferrer plays their boss.
“Against the Wall” features Rachael Carpani, who co-stars along with Treat Williams and Kathy Baker, as Chicago police detective Abby Kowalski, who causes a rift within her close-knit blue collar family of cops when she makes the decision to join the department’s Internal Affairs division.
Lifetime has also ordered the drama pilot “Modern Love,” which centers on newspaper science editor Simon McElvane as he deals with a disintegrating marriage, the ramifications of possibly starting over, and adjusting his relationship with his adopted 15-year-old daughter.
McElvane is unexpectedly given the job of editor of the newspaper’s Modern Love column and finds out he has much to learn about life and love. The series will include actual column stories optioned from the New York Times.
On the unscripted series side, “Project Runway” will be back for its ninth season this summer.
In addition to “Project Runway,” recently renewed hospital docu-drama “One Born Every Minute” and surprise military personnel reunion series “Coming Home,” the network has picked up the following reality shows (series descriptions provided by Lifetime):
- The real-life series “Vanished with Beth Holloway,” launching Monday, a one-hour docu-reality program hosted by Beth Holloway exploring
true mysteries of families who have been victimized by unsolved abductions, disappearances and unspeakable crimes. Lifetime has ordered 10 one-hour
episodes of the program. “Vanished with Beth Holloway” will debut after the world premiere of the original movie “Justice for Natalee Holloway.”
- “Love Handles,” set to launch in May, an hour-long docu-series from executive producer SallyAnn Salsano (Jersey Shore) featuring a dual transformation of overweight couples as they attempt to save their lives and relationships by confronting what lies at the core of the emotional, dietary and physical issues deeply affecting their well-being. Lifetime has ordered eight hour-long episodes.
- 12 half-hour episodes of “Brighton Beach,” which follows the colorful women and men who live, love and work in the famous Brooklyn neighborhood, home to a vibrant Russian-American community where viewers will meet the multi-generational families whose dramas and dreams contend with their Russian heritage.
- “The Conversation,” hosted by British television personality and renowned photographer Amanda de Cadenet and executive produced by Demi Moore and de Cadenet, which,in eight 60-minute episodes, will provide a refreshing and modern take on celebrity interviews as de Cadenet sits down with some of the world’s most famous women to discuss topics universal to all women.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 17374Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 16681Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 7769Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients