U.S. Sen. Tom Coburn among CBS town hall speakers
CBS News will present a special town hall on the economy with Republican leaders hosted by CBS News’ “Face the Nation” anchor Bob Schieffer and “The Early Show” co-anchor Erica Hill.
The town hall, conducted before a live audience at the Newseum in Washington, D.C., on June 13, is scheduled to air during the 7 to 8 a.m. hour of “The Early Show” on June 14, according to a news release.
Senators Tom Coburn of Oklahoma and Jeff Sessions of Alabama, along with Representatives Paul Ryan of Wisconsin and Allen West of Florida and Gov. Nikki Haley of South Carolina, will address economic issues with Rebecca Jarvis, CBS News Business and Economics Correspondent, facilitating questions from a nationwide online audience through a special partnership with YouTube.
Excerpts from the June 13 event will also be broadcast later that evening at 5:30 p.m. on the CBC Evening News with Scott Pelley.
The CBS News polling division will be helping CBS News journalists assemble and solicit questions from the audience at the Newseum; although anyone with access to YouTube will be able to ask questions and interact live during the event as well.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16829OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 15402Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 12656Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11727Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9454Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7777Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7628Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7109Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6861Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
- 6397Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients