Is the “So You Think You Can Dance” Top 20 really THAT good?
Are this season’s dancers so good the judges are mystified? Could be, as we saw this week on the premiere competition show.
This week, SYTCD’s Top 20 were paired and began competing n earnest. There were some knockout routines, an Emmy-nominee for sure, and some plain beautiful dancing. One couple, in my opinion, was the odd one out, and would likely go home. The pairings:
Jordan and Tadd — African Jazz
Sasha and Alexander –Contemporary
Clarice and Jess — Broadway
Ryan and Ricky –Lyrical Hip Hop
Caitlynn and Mitchell (she danced with Season Seven’s Robert) — Jazz
Miranda and Robert — Jive
Missy and Wadi — Jazz
Melanie and Marko –Contemporary
Ashley and Chris — Hip Hop
Iveta and Nick — Quick Step
When “America” didn’t vote the weakest couple out (Ashley and Chris’ Hip Hop in my opinion), the judges had a tough choice on their hands. I couldn’t make a decision.
Neither could the Judges, who kept everyone – but warned that next week, they’ll send two couples home.
Keep in mind dancer Mitchell was out with an elbow injury and couldn’t dance the night before. He, along with the bottom three couples had to dance for their lives.
America made some pretty wrong-headed choices this week. Keeping in Ashley and Chris? Putting Jess and Clarice in the bottom three? What? Even Nigel couldn’t believe Jess was in the bottom 3. Could be America wants to keep a ballerina in the bunch. (Remember the pairing of Melissa and Ade from a previous season?)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 56820Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14719Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9122Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7282Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6520Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6448How to help tornado victims
- 6374Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6257Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6000Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5062Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients