Is the “So You Think You Can Dance” Top 20 really THAT good?
Are this season’s dancers so good the judges are mystified? Could be, as we saw this week on the premiere competition show.
This week, SYTCD’s Top 20 were paired and began competing n earnest. There were some knockout routines, an Emmy-nominee for sure, and some plain beautiful dancing. One couple, in my opinion, was the odd one out, and would likely go home. The pairings:
Jordan and Tadd — African Jazz
Sasha and Alexander –Contemporary
Clarice and Jess — Broadway
Ryan and Ricky –Lyrical Hip Hop
Caitlynn and Mitchell (she danced with Season Seven’s Robert) — Jazz
Miranda and Robert — Jive
Missy and Wadi — Jazz
Melanie and Marko –Contemporary
Ashley and Chris — Hip Hop
Iveta and Nick — Quick Step
When “America” didn’t vote the weakest couple out (Ashley and Chris’ Hip Hop in my opinion), the judges had a tough choice on their hands. I couldn’t make a decision.
Neither could the Judges, who kept everyone – but warned that next week, they’ll send two couples home.
Keep in mind dancer Mitchell was out with an elbow injury and couldn’t dance the night before. He, along with the bottom three couples had to dance for their lives.
America made some pretty wrong-headed choices this week. Keeping in Ashley and Chris? Putting Jess and Clarice in the bottom three? What? Even Nigel couldn’t believe Jess was in the bottom 3. Could be America wants to keep a ballerina in the bunch. (Remember the pairing of Melissa and Ade from a previous season?)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12757Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9755Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9478Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6719Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4489Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4265Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4197Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3744Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 3743Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients