ABC Family orders 22 additional episodes of “Switched at Birth”
ABC Family has given a back-season order of 22 episodes for its one-hour original drama “Switched at Birth,” which gives the series a full first season order, according to a news release.
“Switched at Birth,” which premiered in June with a 10-episode order, will air its summer finale at 8 p.m. on Aug. 8 and return in early 2012.
“Switched at Birth” recently received the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists 2011 American Scene “Crystal” Award,®” which makes it the top individual television program honoree in this year’s competition, “for its groundbreaking and seamless inclusion of performers with disabilities, storylines that showcase new assistive technologies, and ethnic diversity,” the news release also stated.
In addition, the show and its stars have been nominated by the Teen Choice Awards in these categories:
- “Switched at Birth,” nominee in the “Choice Summer TV Show” category
- Katie Leclerc and Sean Berdy, nominees in the “Choice TV: Breakout Star” category
- Vanessa Marano, nominee in the “Choice Summer TV Star: Female” category
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21771Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7615Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6773OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6490OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5293Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4032Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3938Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3498Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3146Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients