“Strike Back” pulls no punches for action fans
Cinemax takes a big leap into the cable drama series realm with its first primetime original scripted show “Strike Back.”
The action series begins by centering on former U.S. Special Forces operative Damien Scott (Sullivan Stapleton) teaming up with Sgt. Michael Stonebridge (Philip Winchester), and the top-secret British military unit Section 20 Stonebridge is a member of, to combat an international terrorist group plotting an attack in New Delhi.
HBO/Cinemax has teamed with UK broadcaster Sky to produce “Strike Back.”
With the combination of co-executive producer Frank Spotnitz’ (“The X-Files”) sharp writing and the well-executed directing of Dan Percival (HBO’s “Dirty War), the first two episodes are exciting and intense.
Winchester, who has had television roles in “Camelot” and “Fringe,” is solid as Stonebridge, but Australian actor Stapleton, probably best known to U.S. fans for his performance in last year’s Australian film “Animal Kingdom,” has fantastic charisma and is completely fun to watch as Scott.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients