“The Lying Game” brings more mystery to the ABC Family lineup
More intrigue is coming to the ABC Family network with the addition of “The Lying Game,” a new one-hour scripted drama, premiering at 8 p.m. Monday, Aug. 15.
“The Lying Game’s” plot line centers on Emma, a kind-hearted foster teen, and Sutton, the identical twin sister Emma finds out she has.
Unlike Emma, Sutton was adopted by rich parents and is seemingly living an ideal life.
After their first meeting, Sutton talks Emma into stepping into her life for a couple of days while she follows a lead on the identity of their birth parents.
While it’s fun to watch Emma enjoy Sutton’s priviliged life, this part of the pilot episode is a bit of a stretch to believe as Emma moves pretty seamlessly into Sutton’s world without anyone noticing.
After one of the people in Sutton’s circle figures out there’s something going on, and Sutton doesn’t show up at the allotted time to switch back with Emma, the show really picks up and makes me eager for more episodes.
If you like the wonderfully beguiling “Pretty Little Liars,” you’ll probably like “The Lying Game” as well.
Alexandra Chando, starring as Emma/Sutton, and best known to TV fans as Maddie Coleman on “As the World Turns,” is adept at both characters. She reminds me of “The Vampire Diaries’” Nina Dobrev. who’s also taken on dual roles on that show.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 88863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16945OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12611Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12094Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9737Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9076Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8890Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8829How to help tornado victims
- 8583Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7041Excessive speed, alcohol, operator inattention contributed to fatal boat crash, report states
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients