“Dances with Wolves: The Inside Story” is an engaging Bio Channel feature
How are Oreo cookies, a romance novel and the movie “Home Alone” connected to the Academy Award-winning 1990 film “Dances with Wolves?”
You’ll have to watch the Bio Channel’s “Dances with Wolves: The Inside Story,” airing at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 17, to find out.
The stories involving these connections and many more are included in this fascinating two-hour feature filled with exclusive behind-the-scenes interviews with cast and crew.
First-time director Kevin Costner overcame the laborious production of “Dances with Wolves,” which was beset with weather delays, critical backlash and a nearly fatal on-set accident, by never losing his focus and delivering an encompassing, moving, three-hour epic which made $400 million worldwide and won seven Oscars, including Best Picture and Best Director.
The interviews with director/star Costner, writer Michael Blake and producer Jim Wilson are especially interesting, as well as the behind-the-scenes footage of the movie being made, and this special overall is highly recommended viewing for movie fans and Costner fans alike.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36375Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32316Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24292Oklahoma tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 8069Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6178OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3621College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3359Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3278Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
- 3188Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3141George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients