Gerry Bonds to headline KOSU radio program
(A version of this article appears in Friday’s Weekend Look section of The Oklahoman.)
“The Living Room with Gerry Bonds,” a new monthly radio program on Oklahoma State University’s NPR station KOSU about Oklahoma issues, arts and culture, is set to premiere at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 7, according to a news release.
Bonds, an Emmy Award-winning journalist and Oklahoma Journalism Hall of Fame inductee, will host New York Times Editor’s Choice author Kate Buford and Oklahoma City University President Robert Henry in the first installment, which will include discussion on Buford’s latest book about the life of Oklahoma sports legend Jim Thorpe.
“The Living Room with Gerry Bonds” will air the first week of every month on 91.7 FM in central Oklahoma, 107.5 FM in northeastern Oklahoma, 88.3 FM in Stillwater and through live audio stream at kosu.org.
The first installment of the radio show, which is recorded at OPUBCO Communications studios, will re-air at 4:30 p.m. Sept. 10, as well as at 8:30 a.m. Sept. 13.
“The Living Room with Gerry Bonds” is being supported initially by the Meinders Foundation, Devon Energy, Cole & Reed PC and Tom Johnson Investment Management.
For more information about underwriting opportunities for the program, contact KOSU Development Specialist Jenny Mae Harms at 800-228-4678.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90701Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17035OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12738Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8924Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8598Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8454How to help tornado victims
- 8359Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8212Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 7113Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 7056Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients