Starz plans tribute for “Spartacus” star Andy Whitfield
Andy Whitfield, star of the first season of the Starz original series “Spartacus: Blood and Sand” will be remembered on the network Oct. 2 as five episodes of the show, including the premiere and finale episodes, will be re-aired beginning at 8 p.m.
In an Associated Press report, Whitfield’s manager Sam Maydew told the news service the actor, 39, died Sept. 11 in Sydney, Australia, 18 months after he was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Whitfield was chosen after a worldwide search to fill the title role of the series was undertaken, and his fans, friends and colleagues have compared the actor’s own persona to that of the brave, honorable gladiator character he played on the show, according to a news release.
Starz is scheduled to re-broadcast the entire season of “Spartacus: Blood and Sand” on Dec. 16.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24939Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15605Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9621UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8603Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7447Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6907Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 6484Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6322OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6156Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5797Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients