Actor Tim Griffin embraces “Prime Suspect” role
(This story was published in the Life section of The Oklahoman, Monday, Sept. 19, 2011.)
NBC is featuring an Americanized update of the revered British television police drama “Prime Suspect” in its fall lineup, and Chicago native Tim Griffin is embracing his co-starring role.
Meanwhile, Maria Bello is taking on the lead role formerly played by Helen Mirren.
Griffin, who has appeared on television shows including “Grey’s Anatomy” and “ER,” and in movies such as “Star Trek” and “The Bourne Supremacy,” plays Bello’s colleague in the series, New York police Detective Augie Blando, a character who relies on humor to cope with the stress of police work.
“Augie (is) definitely comic relief, which I was so thrilled, because I’ve done a lot of comedy, I’ve done a lot of drama, but rarely have I seen the two sort of meshed so perfectly as they are here, and it’s a dream come true to play, because I’m naturally somebody that loves to laugh and loves to enjoy life,” he said.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 54680Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 35701Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32594Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8907Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 8388Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 5554Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4146OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3664George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3376Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3309Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients