Claire Danes and Damian Lewis shine in “Homeland”
In the new Showtime series “Homeland,” Carrie Mathison (Claire Danes) is a CIA case officer chasing down threats to United States security in the Middle East when her investigation sets off a serious diplomatic incident.
Her field status is taken away from her and she is then assigned a desk job at CIA headquarters.
However, Carrie had already received a message that an American prisoner of war had been turned by Al-Qaeda.
Meanwhile Marine Sergeant Nicholas Brody (Damian Lewis), who has been missing in action for eight years and presumed dead, is suddenly recovered in Afghanistan,
Carrie suspects he’s the POW that’s a danger to his own country, but how far will she go to prove it?
And, is her suspicion correct, or is she completely off base and her sanity is unraveling?
These questions make this show compelling, along with Danes’ and Lewis’ performances.
Danes skillfully makes her character’s good intentions in keeping the U.S. safe completely clear while also displaying Carrie’s manic side.
Lewis is equally good in his portrayal of Brody, reacting to situations in ways you’d think a POW would react in most ways, but always seeming to be hiding something.
Morena Baccarin, who plays Brody’s wife Jessica, and Mandy Patinkin, who plays Carrie’s mentor and boss Saul Berenson, offer solid support in a show that is both provocative and intense.
“Homeland” premieres at 9 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 2 on Showtime.
– Melissa Hayer
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients