“Hawaii Five-O” soundtrack to be released Oct. 4
CBS Records is set to release a specially produced soundtrack for the television show “Hawaii Five-0″ Oct. 4.
“Hawaii Five-0: Original Songs From The Television Series” features new and previously unreleased tracks from recording artists including Bob Dylan, Train, Goo Goo Dolls, The Swell Season, Switchfoot, Jimmy Cliff, Ziggy Marley and ukulele master Jake Shimabukuro that are available exclusively on this soundtrack, according to a news release.
Producers of the series listened to dozens of submitted tracks before deciding on the ones best suited for this season’s upcoming story lines, so this collection is made up of mostly brand new and previously unreleased tracks that will be woven into upcoming episodes this season.
The previously unreleased Bob Dylan song “Don’t Ever Take Yourself Away” in particular is from recording sessions in the early 1980s and has been newly mixed and mastered for this soundtrack.
Also included is the first commercial release of the “Hawaii Five-0 Main Title Theme” recorded for the update of the classic series in 2010, as well as a suite of the show’s score “Book ‘em Danno,” produced and arranged by Brian Tyler and Keith Power.
“Closer,” by Corinne Bailey Rae and the Hawaiian standard “Hi’ilawe” by John Cruz from the first season of the show are also on the soundtrack.
The complete track listing for “Hawaii Five-0: Original Songs From The Television Series,” provided by CBS, is as follows:
1. Hawaii Five-0 Main Title Theme
2. World Upside Down Jimmy Cliff
3. The Best of Me Goo Goo Dolls
4. Out of Control Switchfoot
5. Should We Believe Train
6. Closer Corinne Bailey Rae
7. Don’t Ever Take Yourself Away Bob Dylan
8. Ukulele Five-0 Jake Shimabukuro
9. Love That’s Bigger The Swell Season
10. Pass It On Ziggy Marley
11. Hi’ilawe John Cruz
12. Book ‘em Danno (Hawaii Five-0 Suite 2010) Brian Tyler and Keith Power
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 25412Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15758Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9844UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8808Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7879Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 7543Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6502Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6399OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6273Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5958Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients