A&E reality series “American Hoggers” to premiere Oct. 19
After delaying the premiere of its new reality series “American Hoggers,” A&E has announced the show will debut at 9 p.m. Oct. 19, according to a news release.
The series premiere was postponed due to this summer’s extreme heat and drought in Central Texas.
The synopsis for the show, provided by A&E, is as follows:
Each episode of “American Hoggers” follows legendary hog hunter Jerry Campbell, 64; his level-headed son, Robert, 28; and firecracker daughter, Krystal, 23; as they respond to those threatened by feral hogs. Located in the heart of Texas, the family dedicates itself to the front lines – riding horseback, driving a custom-rigged Jeep, using highly trained dogs with GPS tracking systems and employing good old-fashioned know-how to help those endangered by these destructive beasts. Clad in chaps and cowboy boots, the family sets out in each episode to square off against these extremely intelligent animals that are terrorizing helpless landowners.
Half of the wild boar population in America lives on the Texas countryside. Their populations are growing exponentially into the millions, and they’re tearing up ranchland, feasting on valuable crops and maiming or even killing livestock. They have insatiable appetites, violent temperaments and can grow up to 400 pounds. Feral hogs have caused over $50 million per year in damage to the state of Texas alone. Farms have had to shut down and families have been left scared to step outside their own homes.
When a call comes in, Jerry hops in his custom off-road Jeep, Krystal saddles the horses and Robert rounds up the hog-hunting dogs for jobs that cover every corner of central Texas. They may be called in to help a farmer save his crops, a scrap yard owner who is being harassed by an aggressive boar or an airport official who is crippled by hogs on the runway; no matter how dangerous the situation, the Campbells are prepared for anything.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22453Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12179Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10764Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9050Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8838Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8708Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8233Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7793Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7164Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 7066UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients