“Once Upon A Time” is an enchanting escape for TV fans
Who knew there was so much more to fairy tales than meets the eye?
There are two series getting ready to premiere soon – ABC’s “Once Upon a Time,” which debuts at 7 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 23, and NBC’s “Grimm,” which debuts at 8 p.m., Friday, Oct. 28.
A “Grimm” review will be forthcoming, but here’s a look at “Once Upon a Time”:
Writers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz (“Lost, “Tron: Legacy”) have put together a totally absorbing series in “Once Upon a Time,” which displays how fairy tales can be broadened, and with even more imagination and creativity added to them, their characters can breathe new life.
“Once Upon a Time” blends flashbacks of familiar characters such as Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin, “Big Love”), Prince Charming (Josh Dallas, “Thor”), the Evil Queen ( Lana Parrilla, “Boomtown”), Rumplestiltskin (Robert Carlyle, “The Full Monty”) and Jiminy Cricket (Raphael Sbarge, “The Guardian”) with the modern world in a truly unique way that makes up a completely new story:
Snow White and Prince Charming’s daughter Emma Swan (Jennifer Morrison, “House M.D.”) is grown up and in the real world of today and doesn’t know who she really is because of a curse the Evil Queen has imposed
This curse has also stopped time and erased the memories of the fairy tale characters’ former lives as they exist now in the real-life town of Storybrooke, Maine.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 83911Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 66115Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 33602Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 20416Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 18059Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 13064Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 9549Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 8530Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 8480Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 8114Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients