“Whitechapel,” “American Horror Story” and “The Walking Dead” among top choices for Halloween-related viewing
My three top choices to get the Halloween goosebumps going for the Halloween television viewing season are as follows:
- BBC America delivers some pre-Halloween chills with the U.S. premiere of the series “Whitechapel” at 9 p.m. Wed., Oct. 26.
“Whitechapel” is set in modern day East London where the police are trying to solve murders that echo cases from the past, including those involving Jack the Ripper and the 1960s crime twins Ronnie and Reggie Kray.
The six part series, from the producers of “Downton Abby,” stars Rupert Penry-Jones (“MI-5,” “Persuasion), Phil Davis (“Sherlock,” “Bleak House”) and Steve Pemberton (“The League of Gentleman).
- “American Horror Story” continues its bloodcurdling run at 9 p.m. Wed. Oct. 26 on FX, with the first of two “Halloween” episodes: Part 1 features the line between the living and the dead blurring on Halloween and two of the house’s previous residents giving the Harmons decorating advice. Part 2, airing at 9 p.m. Wed., Nov. 2, involves Tate coming face-to-face with his past and Ben and Vivien being haunted by one of the house’s newest guests.
Dylan McDermott, Connie Britton and Jessica Lange star in “American Horror Story.”
- “The Walking Dead,” which has just been renewed for a third season, airs its third spine-chiling episode of its second season at 8 p.m. Sun., Oct. 30 on AMC, in which the group desperately awaits Shane’s return as he finds himself trapped in a school surrounded by zombies, while Daryl and Andrea search for someone in the woods.
Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Sarah Wayne Callies, Laurie Holden, Jeffrey DeMunn and Steven Yeun star in “The Walking Dead.”
– Melissa Hayer
Follow me on Twitter: @MelissaHayer
Other various Halloween-related viewing options include:
- “Ghost Adventures” airs at 8 p.m. Fri., Oct. 28 on the Travel Channel – Zak, Nick and Aaron have come to Letchworth to unlock “The Village of Secrets.”
- “Iris Johansen’s The Killing Game,” based on the bestselling crime novel of the same name and starring Laura Prepon (“How I Met Your Mother”), airs at 7 p.m. Sun., Oct. 30 on Lifetime Movie Network.
- “Martha Stewart’s Haunted House” re-airs at 9 a.m. Mon., Oct. 31 on the Hallmark Channel, actor Justin Long is a guest.
- “The Sing-Off” airs at 7 p.m. Mon., Oct. 31 on NBC and features an opening medley of “This Is Halloween,” “Werewolves of London” and “Ghostbusters.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18759Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10409Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9339Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7780Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6796UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6582Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6410Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6209Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5448Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients