“Homeland” renewed for second season
Showtime has ordered a 12-episode second season of the drama “Homeland,” which stars Emmy Award winner Claire Daines, Golden Globe nominee Damian Lewis, as well as Emmy and Tony Award winner Mandy Patinkin.
Danes’ character Carrie Mathison is a driven CIA officer battling her own psychological demons while becoming convinced that the intelligence that led to soldier Nicholas Brody’s (Lewis) rescue was a setup and that this national hero may be connected to an Al Qaeda plot set to be carried out in America.
“Homeland” premiered as the network’s highest-rated freshman drama series ever, registering 4.4 million viewers across platforms in its first week. The show has continued to increase overall viewership since its debut, with its most recent episode delivering “Homeland’s” best ratings-to-date this past Sunday, according to a news release.
Season two begins production in spring 2012.
Follow me on Twitter: @MelissaHayer
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21368Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17546Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12345Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9430Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9175Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9080Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8212Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 7912Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 5969OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5028Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients