“Pan Am” stewardess Halloween costume tips offered
Has ABC’s new drama series “Pan Am” inspired your Halloween costume choice this year?
If so, ABC has provided some tips and tools on how to download patterns and create the uniform (which can also be found on “Pan Am’s” page on ABC’s website at beta.abc.go.com/shows/pan-am and the “Pan Am” Facebook page at www.facebook.com/PanAmABC).
You can even submit photos of yourself in the Pan Am stewardess costume at @PanAmABC.
The information on the outfit and the look, provided by ABC, is as follows:
· Blue Suit with a Jacket and Skirt – The “Pan Am Blue” is close to a Royal Blue. Suits can be found at your local thrift store. If you’re handy, you can tailor your jacket to make it fit your ladylike figure and shorten the sleeves. Similarly, the skirt length is acceptable just to your knee.
· White Collared Shirt - Spread the collar over the lapel of the suit jacket.
· White Gloves - Gloves should reach the middle of your arm. Opera length gloves are too long. In a pinch, use shorter gloves, not longer ones.
· Nylon Hosiery - In the ‘60s, hosiery was not as sheer as today. Emphasize that you’re wearing hosiery by wearing a less-sheer style.
· Short-Heeled Black Pumps – The stewardesses of Pan Am were on their feet all day, so find a sensible, lower heel.
· Pan Am Wings Lapel Pin – A pattern is available for you to download at //cdn.media.abc.go.com/m/pdf/shows/pan-am/PA_Hat_.pdf. Simply print it out, cut it carefully and attach it to a piece of heavy paper or thin cardboard (like that of a milk carton). Then, affix a safety pin to this and wear your wing on the left side of your jacket (over your heart).
· Pan Am Stewardess Cap - A pattern to create your own paper cap is available for download at cdn.media.abc.go.com/m/pdf/shows/pan-am/PA_Hat_.pdf . There’s a pattern for the Pan Am cap pin provided as well.
· Pan Am Flight Bag - If you haven’t yet ordered your own bag, you can create your own by modifying a bowling bag or other similar large bag.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients