“Buddy Holly: Listen to Me / The Ultimate Buddy Party” to be featured on PBS in December
The concert event “Buddy Holly: Listen to Me / The Ultimate Buddy Party” held at The Music Box in Hollywood on what would have been Holly’s 75th birthday (Sept. 7) will be featured as part of special programming beginning Dec. 3 on PBS.
The all-star tribute’s lineup includes Stevie Nicks, Chris Isaak, Lyle Lovett, Raul Malo and Graham Nash, as well as avowed Buddy Holly fans/guests such as Paul Anka, Boz Scaggs, Shawn Colvin, Patrick Stump, Cobra Starship’s Gabe Saporta and Victoria Asher, Michelle Branch and famed guitarists James Burton and Albert Lee, according to a news release.
All performers are featured on a rendition of Holly’s “That’ll Be The Day” for the finale.
A series of live and video tributes are also featured throughout the show, including homages to Holly from Keith Richards, Ringo Starr, Jackson Browne, Brian Wilson, Pat Monahan, Imelda May and Eric Idle.
Peter Asher, who produced the “Listen to Me: Buddy Holly” album serves as host and music supervisor for the show, with Isaak co-hosting as well as performing.
Friends and family from Holly’s life, including Maria Elena Holly and Phil Everly are also a part of the program.
Songmasters’ “Listen to Me: Buddy Holly” album is comprised of 15 entirely new versions of Holly’s most iconic songs by leading artists, many of whom participated in this special concert.
The listing of performances featured on “Buddy Holly: Listen to Me / The Ultimate Buddy Party”, provided by PBS, is as follows:
· “Crying, Waiting, Hoping” – Chris Isaak
· “Everyday” – Patrick Stump
· “Heartbeat” – Chris Isaak and Michelle Branch
· “I’m Looking for Someone to Love” – Lyle Lovett with James Burton
· “It Doesn’t Matter Anymore” – Paul Anka
· “It’s So Easy” – Stevie Nicks
· “Learning the Game” – Shawn Colvin
· “Listen to Me” – Raul Malo
· “Maybe Baby” – Boz Scaggs
· “Oh, Boy” – Patrick Stump
· “Not Fade Away” – Stevie Nicks
· “Peggy Sue” – Cobra Starship (Gabe Saporta and Victoria Asher)
· “Raining in My Heart” – Graham Nash
· “Rave On” – Boz Scaggs, Graham Nash and Peter Asher
· “That’ll Be the Day” – All-Star Cast
· “True Love Ways” – Raul Malo
· “Well All Right” – Lyle Lovett
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 2099Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 1489Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 1234Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients