“The Lord of the Rings”: Encore to feature trilogy marathon
Encore will be celebrating the 10th anniversary of “The Lord of the Rings” by featuring an uninterrupted presentation of director Peter Jackson’s Academy Award-winning trilogy this Thanksgiving weekend, beginning at 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 25, according to a news release.
The trilogy marathon extends through Sunday night, Nov. 27, including nonstop plays of “The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring,” “The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers” and “The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.”
The marathon starts with the theatrical film versions plus more than two hours of additional content in extended special editions.
Elijah Wood, Ian McKellen, Christopher Lee, Sean Astin, Sean Bean, Liv Tyler, Cate Blanchett, Viggo Mortensen, John Rhys-Davies and Bernard Hill are among the cast of the movies.
For more information, visit www.starz.com/channels/encore/.
Follow me on Twitter: @MelissaHayer
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 35743Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 30080Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 9255Tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7252Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6705OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3930Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3921OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 3685College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3424Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3280Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients